4.15.2013

Something's Up...

Welllllp...

It looks like Smooth & I have officially reached the "awkward exes" phase our split. 

I have to admit, it came a little quicker than I expected. I mean, I literally just wrote about how "cool" our post-breakup relationship is, what - 10 days ago?

Anyway, I went over on the weekend to pick up some of my mail - which has, of course, still not been re-directed to my new address for some reason (it's like a really bad joke or something) - and it was by far the quickest, in & out "visit" we've ever had. 

All business. He barely invited me in, couldn't wait to get me out. 

The spell has been broken.

I know what you're thinking. A girl. There wasn't, I did a scan. And to be perfectly honest, he has these tell tale signs when he's lying, that he knows I can spot a mile away. He would never actually risk that. Also, he has respect for me.

But yeah, I feel like it must be something...

Maybe he has met someone though. Or at the very least, "broken the seal" (damn - that was my last card). Or maybe he's read the blog, & some of my more recent posts about moving on.

OH SHIT. 

Maybe he's jealous of my feelings for PK. I haven't exactly been discreet about them...

No, maybe not. (But he should be, a little bit, because they're serious)

I don't know what it is, but something has definitely changed. And I didn't expect it to affect me this much. Like, it was ok for me to like being single & want to move on, but him? That wasn't part of the deal. No sir. Not in my head. He was supposed to pine after me for, well, at a least a few more months I would think. (Isn't there a standard for pining? Like 1/2 the time you were together or something?)

Whatever. I guess I knew this was coming eventually. I was just wasn't hoping it wouldn't come so fast. But then again, it has been 5 months.  I mean what, do I expect him to be devastated forever? 


(yes.)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I have to say I love your blog! Very brave of you to put all your feelings out here on the interwebs.

    I feel you on the awkward ex situation. It's been a long time since my last boyfriend, and although I wanted to convince myself we could be friends - it never works out that way. We barely talk, and while that took getting used to - it's for the best. They are exes for a reason, right? :) Better to just let out a sigh and keep on moving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks for the love *blushing* (lol, interwebs)

      I must say, I used to do this all anonymously because I was terrified people would judge my business, but I think I've come to realize that I'm not the only one feeling all this so why not just own it!?

      You know, I don't really think the whole "exes as friends" thing is realistic. Definitely the exception, not the rule. The truth is you loved once, and it was nice while it lasted, but if friendship wasn't the basis before the fallout, it's certainly not going to be after. You're totally right, appreciate it for what it was & on to the next one you go!

      Delete